BRING DANCING CLASSROOMS TO YOUR SCHOOL - WE WANT TO WORK WITH YOU!
To bring Dancing Classrooms to your school, or to set up an appointment, please contact us
It's that time of year again! We're currently scheduling Dancing Classrooms residencies for the 2016-2017 school year and would love to have the opportunity to transform your 5th and/or 8th graders into elegant ladies and gentlemen through our Dancing Classrooms program. It is always a pleasure to be a part of our communities schools - we would be humbled to serve your students and have a hand, as well as some feet, in helping them along their journey.
We'd be honored to work with you and would like to ask, "May we have this dance, please"? Of course, we hope your response is, "WITH PLEASURE" but think it is best for us to first share "OUR STORY"
In addition to the social development goals of the program, there is a large curriculum component that is infused by our Teaching Artists through our Student Curriculum Journals. The Dancing Classrooms curriculum and student journal align with the Ohio Academic Content Standards and we've detailed all those connections for you right HERE
A Few Scheduling Logistics:
- Classes meet twice a week for ten weeks - twenty lessons total
- Classes meet with our Teaching Artist for one class period
- The classroom teacher is an active part of the residency and is present (participating) in the residency
- Classes meet consecutively (back-to-back) on the scheduled days (e.g.: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th periods)
- Lesson 20 is a Culminating Event (45-50 minutes) and the students' families and school community are invited
- All classes are held as part of the academic school day curriculum. Not an after-school or "elective" program
At this point, the next question on everyone's mind is usually, "How much does it cost"? We are pleased to announce that the price and funding structure for the program has remained the same for the 2016-2017 school year! Each school is a funding partner in implementing our program within their school. We, Dancing Classrooms Northeast Ohio (DCNEO), as a nonprofit fundraise half of the fees associated with the program and the school funds the other half.
Where are schools finding the funds to do this? All schools find themselves with limited resources but through community support, PTA/PTO organizations, grant opportunities and outside-the-box thinking schools are finding it possible to implement.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP and have put together a Funding Resource Guide to assist your school.